DIRECTOR OF SALES AND MARKETING
The Director of Sales & Marketing is responsible for managing the implementation of the hotel’s sales and marketing strategies and achieving budgeted top line revenue for the hotel. The DOSM is accountable for guest room and catering/banquet revenues. The role is responsible for maximizing profitability for the hotel and ensuring delivery of outstanding quality service for all customers. The DOSM will work closely with revenue management and marketing functions, to develop strategies to maximize Revpar and grow market share. The DOSM is further responsible for the development of the annual sales & marketing budget, as well as ensuring forecast accuracy in conjunction with the revenue management.
The ideal candidate will be organized, detail oriented, enjoys working in a team environment and leading and developing team members. The DOSM needs to have the ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner, both written and verbally.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the team to drive total hotel revenue and take responsibility for the achievement of budgeted revenue streams.
- Develop and execute sales & marketing strategies through preparation of a strategic sales plan.
- Implementation and administration of the Sales and Marketing budget and the establishment of annual individual sales goals.
- Ensure understanding of the competitive landscape, local and feeder market dynamics, and changing customer needs to ensure property success.
- Ensure at least 1 complete competitive review matrix is completed per year (if only 1 is executed, then it has to be done shortly before the budget process)
- Ensure that all sales related activities support customer satisfaction, retention and new business development goals.
- Proactively position the hotel as a business leader in the community.
- Proactively position the hotel as a quality leader in the community.
- Operate within departmental budgets through effective cost controls and well managed schedules
- Set departmental targets and objectives, work schedules, budgets, and policies and procedures
- Monitor the appearance, standards and performance of the Sales & Marketing Team with an emphasis on training and teamwork
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all room categories and amenities
- Ensure team members have an up-to-date knowledge of all M&E related venues as well as the F&B offering of the hotel
- Maintain excellent communication and work relationships in all hotel areas and with external customers and suppliers
- Ensure that all Promotion Information Bulletins are up to date, correctly distributed and that the relevant departments have full knowledge of all available promotion at all times.
- Ensure that the hotel is registerd and participates with as many corporate travel programs as possible
- Ensure that M&E revenue is maximised at all times
- Ensure Sales & Marketing meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Ensure Marketing and Promotion meetings are conducted and post-meeting minutes generated
- Ensure that Revenue Meetings are attended at all times and post-meeting minutes generated
- Recruit, manage, train and develop the Sales & Marketing team & Personnel selection.
- Responsible for staff training and development including appraisals and disciplinary where required
- Contribute to succession planning within the hotel and company
- Ensure team members comply with hotel security, fire regulations and all health and safety legislation
- Proficient in property management systems
- Ensure close overview of RFP process and related systems to ensure maximum exposure and participation
- Ensure the department adheres to HNA principles and procedures
- Ensure Famtrips are planned organized and led by the DOSM
- Ensure that team members are fully aware of and adhere to the company's credit policies,rules & regulations
- Ensure sales of Tangla Club memberships is maximised
- Must have a complete knowledge of Fire Procedures
- All other duties as directed by the General Manager or Assistant General Manager
- Participation in Manager on Duty shifts as required
- Ensure observance of safety and security rules at all times.
- Maintain a safe working environment by adhering to all safety policies, and be responsible to report accidents immediately.
- Be knowledgeable of all safety & security measures compiled in the hotel Crisis Management Plan.
- Proceed with caution when walking on slippery floors and congested areas.
- Ensure that proper safety instructions are followed before operating any equipment.
- Sales & Marketing experience in the hotel/leisure/retail sector in a similar capacity
- Strong leadership skills to manage and motivate the team
- Excellent organisational and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent financial awareness
- Accountable and resilient
- Ability to work under pressure
- Flexibility to respond to a range of different work situations
- Good working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office,Opera)
Please send your resume and cover letter to our Human ressources department at email@example.com.
Tangla Hotel Brussels is recruiting a Brand Coordinator.
In this role as a Brand Coordinator you will report to the Director of Sales and Marketing and/or the Director of Marketing. The Brand Coordinator facilitates the day-to-day operations of the Company’s Brand Marketing initiatives which may include, but are not limited to, creative execution of marketing and media campaigns, maintaining brand standards and consistency, as well as project management. Your goal will be to let the world know that Tangla Hotels & Resorts has opened its first property in Europe. You will spread the word about the Tangla ID and Philosophy to all targeted media utilizing the channels designated. Participating in the creation and follow through of the property’s Marketing plan will be essential. You will also be in charge of all the marketing partnerships and In-house events and the Club Tangla.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conceptualize and fully develop effective category marketing strategies in conjunction with the DOSM/DoM.
- Direct development of marketing plans and briefs including PIB’s.
- Spearhead the evaluation of execution during and after campaign launch.
- Work effectively with DOSM/DoM to develop never been-seen-before, effective creative campaigns that deliver on objectives.
- Oversee the development of campaign recaps, updates and brand reporting with accuracy and on schedule.
- Coordinate advertising and collateral for print, outdoor, television, electronic and digital media to completion.
- Interact with press/media
- Develop and manage the annual off line marketing plan and budget. Deliver all marketing activities within the agreed budget.
- Prepare and submit to leadership regular category performance updates and reports.
- Build trust, value others, communicate effectively, foster innovation, solve problems creatively and demonstrate high integrity.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet Tangla Hotel Brussels’ core values.
- Attend meetings
- The above provides a general overview and might change from time to time
- Proven PR experience
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, Opera Sales & Catering, Adobe Photoshop etc.)
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently
- Excellent Communication skills
- Excellent Creative Skills
- Up to date with trends and best practices in the hospitality sector
- Guest-oriented, service-minded and innovative
Please send your resume and Cover letter to our HR department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RECEPTIONIST / RESERVATION AGENT
Tangla Hotel Brussels is looking for a Receptionist/Reservation Agent
You will be reporting directly to our Front Office Manager. Here is a summary of this position : Serving guests at the front desk while providing the highest level of service possible in an efficient, courteous and professional manner by following the Tangla standards of aggressive hospitality and adhering to guidelines and procedures. Always greet guests with a smile, be warm and friendly and ensure the principles of hospitality are practised at all times. Responds to communications from guests, travel agents, and referral networks concerning reservations arriving by mail, telephone, fax, or through a central reservation system. Creates and maintains reservation records-usually by date of arrival and alphabetical listing prepares letters of confirmation and promptly processes any cancellations and modifications.
YOUR TASKES & DUTIES
- Get a daily briefing about extraordinary events to effectively deal with all foreseen situations on a daily basis.
- Have knowledge about room rates, packages, discounts and promotions and know how to handle each.
- Have knowledge about guest rooms, locations, amenities, features and all other services offered by the hotel.
- Check in all guests according to the Standard Operation Procedures.
- Follow all cash handling and banking procedures to check out all customers efficiently.
- Have full working knowledge of the property management system Opera.
- Perform guest registration and room assignment and accommodate special requests of all customers.
- Be knowledgeable and perform guest reservations in Opera.
- Answer the phone calls according to the standards of proper telephone etiquette.
- Handle mail and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the front desk and back office area at all times. Utilize spare time for cleaning. Keep computer equipment clean at all times.
- Assist all guests in problems and questions as required. Ensure that all guest problems are resolved by using the "Guest Response Program" procedures.
- Assist fellow associates in their jobs to ensure that all jobs are done on time.
- Have knowledge about all emergency procedures and know how to act on them.
- Have knowledge about the city, the local area and attractions to provide the guests with all requested information.
- Ensure proper credit when checking out guests and provide the guests with a 0 balance invoice.
- Handle late charges according to the procedure.
- Bank out at the end of the shift by following the blind drop procedures strictly. The manager/supervisor will always verify the shift closing and enter the drop in the system.
- When leaving the front desk area, it is mandatory for the cashier to lock his/her bank so the cash is secured.
- Report any unusual occurrences or requests to the manager.
- At all times strive to represent Tangla brand in the most professional manner.
- Be disciplined at all times, stand alert and tall at the front desk, acknowledge and greet guest immediately and offer assistance before the guest needs to ask. Focus your total attention to the customers.
- Be familiar with the AM, PM and night daily checklists to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Processes reservations by mail, telephone, fax or central reservation systems referral.
- Creates and maintains reservation records by date of arrival and alphabetical listing.
- Prepares letters of confirmation.
As a receptionist / reservation agent, you should be able to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner as well as to properly and effectively communicate with other departments, managers, supervisors and fellow associates. Knowledge of English, Dutch and French are required, Chinese is a real plus. You should be able to handle conflict situations in a professional manner.
Please send us your cover letters and resume to email@example.com.
CONCIERGE / DRIVER
Serves as the guest's liaison for both hotel and non-hotel services. Functions are an extension of front desk agent duties. Assists the guest- regardless of whether inquiries concern in-hotel or off-premises attractions, facilities, services, or activities. Knows how to provide concise and accurate directions. Makes reservations and obtains tickets for flights, the theatre, or special events. Organizes special functions such as VIP cocktail receptions. Arranges for secretarial services. Serves all guests by providing the highest level of service in an efficient and courteous manner while following the Tangla brand standards, procedures and policies at all times.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Report to work on time, in proper and clean uniform, including name tag. Personal appearance and grooming must conform to the standard.
- Create a productive and positive atmosphere, have a good working relationship with all colleagues and other departments.
- Attend daily briefings conducted by the Front Office Manager at the beginning of each shift. Attend monthly department meetings.
- Handle mail, packages and messages properly and on a confidential basis.
- Be very knowledgeable about the rooms and their locations, hotel services and facilities. Check daily event sheet, bulletin boards, and be up to date with all changes, new procedures and events.
- Be very knowledgeable about local area, events, attractions, sightseeing and cultural or social events.
- Handle all duties according to hotel policies, procedures, internal rules and standards.
- Know how to follow all hospitality guidelines.
- Handle all reasonable guest needs and requests and fulfil them with a sense of urgency.
- Arrange all types of requests for our customers such as car rental, airline and train tickets, office services, beauty, barber and babysitting services, etc. Arrange presents, repairs and shopping, if requested.
- Be trained in all Guest Relations functions as well as in Driver / Bellman duties and be able to perform them when required.
- Be knowledgeable about Opera system and help out during check-in and check-out of guests whenever needed.Ensure that log books, handovers and checklists are well maintained.
- Recognize all Repeat Guests, VIPs and Club members. Be able to recognize them and know about their special requests and preferences.
- Answer the phones according to the standards of proper telephone etiquette and as fast as possible (within three rings).
- Assist in keeping the lobby area and the main entrance clean at all times. Report any maintenance issues.
- Contacts roomed guests periodically to ascertain any special needs.
- Organizes special functions as directed by management.
- Have a thorough knowledge about all SOPs in the Front Office.
- Strive to represent Tangla brand in the most professional and courteous manner, at all times.
- Drive hotel shuttle van to airport or other locations. (The vehicles have hotel logos viewed by the general public, so all activities by the Shuttle Driver are a reflection of the hotel. Drivers will maintain the highest level of courtesy to all vehicles while on runs.)
- Provide valet services. Park and retrieve guests’ vehicles
- Ability to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to properly and effectively communicate with other departments, managers, supervisors and fellow associates.
- Knowledge of English and local languages.
- Ability to handle conflict situations in a professional manner.
- Each clerk is expected to carry out all reasonable requests by management which the associate is capable of performing.
Please send your resume to our HR department with your cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
WAITRESS - BARMAID / WAITER - BARMAN
This position is concerned with attending to the needs of guests in the restaurant and room service, taking orders, serving and removing crockery and beverages in accordance with guest’s requirements and service standard.
PRODUCT & SERVICE QUALITY
- To welcome and seat guest upon arrival at the table.
- To assist the guest in choosing his or her beverage or food order from the menu. And try to up sell specials as specified by the Kitchen and beverage of the month.
- To take the food or beverage order from the guest, ensuring that the order is accurate and has been double-checked.
- To input the order accurately in the POS system as outlined within the Restaurant operating manual.
- To ensure all cutleries are changed according to the order as outlined in the service standard.
- To prepare all necessary accompaniments to go with order.
- To serve any requested food or beverage item that is available, as per the service standard.
- To assist where possible with any additional request (Note: any questions regarding hotel policies or procedures should be referred to the Manager), and ensure guests are to be made to feel comfortable at all time
- To make the guest feel welcome at all times, and ensure that the service offered is of the highest quality, and that service is prompt, efficient but not overbearing. And that service is offered with a warm smile at all times.
- To be responsible for the cleaning of the table, during and after service to the guest.
- To have a full understanding and knowledge of all items that are offered on the menu & beverage list.
- To be responsible for the correct set up of all mise en place and side stations, and to ensure that there is sufficient and the correct equipment for the day trading.
- Must keep his/her side station and section clean at all times.
- To not to stand, loiter near, behind or talk about any guest at any time, so as that the guest may hear you, or feel uncomfortable.
- Will be required to carry out any reasonable request made by the Manager or supervisor, or from any member of the management team.
- To report any problem situation or special guest request to the supervisor, immediately so as to ensure that prompt action is taken.
- To be responsible for the set up of all tables in the restaurant, with cutlery, chinaware, glassware and linen. Ensuring that the set up of each table is as per the standards required for each meal period and as set in the Restaurant operating policy.
- Is responsible to ensure that all chairs, booth seats, tables etc are clean after each guest has departed, and before a new guest is seated at that table.
- Is required to change all dirty table linen, and replace with clean ones. All linen is to be checked on each table and changed if dirty; all linen used for one guest must be changed prior to a new guest sitting at that table.
- Is required to remove all dirty dishes and glassware from the restaurant to the stewarding areas on a bussing tray, ensuring that the equipment is properly stacked and placed on the tray.
- Is required to place all dirty equipment at the stewarding area, in the designated position and disciplinary action will be taken in the event that this system is not followed is required to prepare sufficient under liners and service equipment at the Kitchen pick up to facilitate the speedy service and pick up from the Service Pass.
- To carry out all daily and weekly restaurant cleaning duties, to ensure that all furniture, fixtures and equipment is always in a clean.
- To carry extra duty such as dishwashing and organizing the back office of the restaurant as per standards.
- to maintain all the proper level and look of all the use equipment / food display such as cereals boxes, honey and jam pot, Milk jar, fresh fruits display, ensure that the juice station is always tiny and the juice fresh and appealing.
- To be responsible for their own float and collection of all money that is due from the guest, for services and products consumed.
- To fulfill all directions given by supervisors
- To wear the company's uniform, name badge
- To report all accidents and safety hazards.
- To behave at all times in a manner which projects a good company image to staff and guests alike, ensure a safe and hygienic working environment.
- Must abide by the rules and regulations as laid down in the Employee's Handbook.
- Must follow the grooming standard of the hotel at all times.
Internal: Must at all times show a positive approach to the position, when dealing with staff and management alike.
External: Must at all time show a positive approach to the position and Hotel, when dealing with guests within the Hotel as well as discussing the Hotel with persons outside the property.
Education: A high school graduate.
Experience: This position requires experience as a waiter in a first class operation, with the proven ability to meet guest's needs effectively.
- Should be pleasant in appearance and personality.
- Must be able to read, write, converse & understand both English and French language to an international acceptance level.
- Must show flexibility and willingness to work.
- Will be required to work during periods of high business as a banquet waiter, setting up banquet function as per the business require and as requested by the direct supervisor.
Please send your resume and cover letter to our HR department at email@example.com.